The ORBIS Order-Picking Cockpit is a solution integrated in SAP for the planning and managing of order-picking processes.
The solution consists of the following add-ons:
- Order-picking scheduling for flexible planning
The order-picking scheduling allows you to create order waves and to allocate dispatches to trucks, while taking departure times, dispatch priorities, routes, volumes and distribution points into account.
- Order-picking management (monitor)
The order wave monitor gives you a constant overview of the current status of all order waves. In addition, it automatically initiates restocking of an order-picking area, so that shipments can be selectively combined.
- Specific sequence planning within order-picking areas (workload monitor)
Thanks to the easy rescheduling of order-picking waves or dispatches within the order queue, you are able to react to any problems with speed and focus.
- Plant-oriented strategies for storage, retrieval and re-storage for high-bay warehouses and automated small components warehouses
By taking into account the plant load (storage and retrieval machines, transfer trolleys, incoming goods track) and plant conditions (aisle problems, transfer trolley problems, cross-conveyors not allowed), you can achieve optimal warehouse utilization.
Advantages of the ORBIS Order-Picking Cockpit
- Flexible reactions to priority changes (e.g. express deliveries)
- Short-term reactions to error situations (e.g. incorrect stocks)
- Optimizing of warehouse capacity
- Increased delivery reliability