The DetEx System is an "active" protection that we can apply for the Category 3 explosion conversion.
The DetEx System is a zone 2 solution that we can apply to any type of diesel or electric equipment combining gas detection with various explosion protection methods.
It combines gas detection with various explosion protection methods, including: restricted breathing enclosures for arcing and sparking components, surface temperature and relevant truck parameter control with dedicated stop system, stainless steel sheathed forks.
This system keeps the operator constantly informed about the presence in the operating area of dangerous explosive gasses or vapours.
Our priority is to protect people and the environment by providing safe, affordable and internationally compliant explosion protection systems; a requirement which cannot be compromised.
The system provides an audible and visual warning when it detects the presence of a gas or vapour at 10% Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) propane in air. When at 25% LEL, the protected equipment automati¬cally shuts down, thus eliminating any kind of explosion risk.
Features and Benefits...
- For both Diesel and Battery Electric Trucks
- Cost effective Zone 2 ATEX compliant systems designed for almost all 3G applications
- Truck operator receives Gas/Vapour audible and visual warnings at 10% LEL Propane in Air
- Truck automatically shuts down to safety prevent an explosion or fire at 25% LEL
- Auto-Calibration test at daily start-up
- Choice of infrared or pellistor gas sensors to suit virtually any end user application
- Simple to operate and cost effective to maintain