During hot extrusion a round steel billet is pre-heated and, after leaving the furnace, is pushed throuh a forming die into a profile bar using a ram with an extrusion force of
Hot extrusion offers substantial advantages in comparison to hot rolling forging or machining.
Hot extrusion can be used to make complex profile shapes even using metals which are difficult to form. In addition, small lot sizes can be produced economically.
Hoesch Schwerter Profile GmbH possesses highly sophisticated CAD and CAM systems which are used to support our customers during the design and engineering phases.
Hot extruded profiles offer the benefit of:
* different material thicknesses within one profile cross-section
* the possibility to use in highly sensitive areas, where the special profiles must withstand specific demands of temperature, pressure, aggressive media or hygienic requirements
* seamless structure of solid and hollow sections
* circumscribed circle for solid and hollow profiles up to 240 mm Ø
* inside diameters or diagonals for hollow profiles of at least 20 mm to a maximum of 160 mm
* minimum wall thickness: 4 mm
* c. 3,000 up to c. 16,800 mm (depending on profile cross section); with sawn ends (fixed lengths by agreement)
Weight per meter:
* minimum c. 1.5 kg/m
* maximum c. 100 kg/m
Cross-sectional tolerances/Straighteness tolerances:
* by agreement, depending on the profile cross section and material grade; reductions possible, e.g. for functional areas, by agreement
* as extruded; descaled or pickled on request
* nearly all quality and stainless steels in the iron and steel list, special steels, non-ferrous heavy metal alloys
* all required heat treatments are available