Regarding to the drive-in rack, the pallet be put on the pallet support rail, forklift can drive into the racking system directly to pick goods which can only be done by FILO rather than FIFO. However, the rack can be designed as drive-through type, i.e. the forklift can work at both end of the rack, storing goods at one end and fetching goods at the other end. So FIFO can be reached. Storage density is higher due to lack of exclusive passage way for the drive-in type rack, but picking good only can be done in a sequence of far or near to the end of the rack, thus each column of rack can only store one sort of goods, it is suitable for the goods storage of few categories and big quantities.
1. It is possible for high density storage due to the pallet is to be put along the depth direction one by one on the support rail.
2. Accessing goods from the same side of the rack, first in last out, counter balanced forklift & reach truck can easily drive into the middle of the rack while not need exclusive passage way.
3. The kind of rack is suitable for accessing big quantity and few categories goods.
4. The drive in rack is of plug-in assembly structure, the total depth of the shelves against wall area can be designed within 7pallets' depth, and the total depth of the shelves in the middle area generally within 9pallets' depth so as to enhance forklift work efficiency and reliability.
5. It can be extensively used for various warehouse and logistics center, e.g. food, tobacco, milk, beverage, and so on, in addition, it has been commonly used in cold warehouse.