The BMS is another quality product from Abertax Technologies tailored to monitor and control batteries with voltages between 24V and 120V.
It stores battery data, which can be downloaded for evaluation via cable or remotly. The monitored battery powers the BMS which has a non-volatile memory. Two battery voltages are measured which are used to obtain all essential data. The BMS has an external temperature sensor which monitors the battery and ambient temperature separately. A level sensor is optional, depending on whether the battery is flooded or maintenance free.
Product and safety features
- Connector designed for bolted type of batteries; other connectors for welded type are also available
- Patented connector that ensures a perfect battery seal
- Wide operational voltage range
- Two voltage inputs, string and half voltage
- Two temperature inputs
- Electrolyte level sensing input
- Low level, overtemperature, DOD>80% LED indication
- Data storage within E2PROM, no backup battery needed
- Data downloaded via USB, Bluetooth, RF, LAN or GPRS
- Acid resistant housing
Abertax Technologies sensors have an acid resistant housing.
BMU stored data can be downloaded via USB, Bluetooth, RF, LAN or GPRS. The PC software available for the BMS will display various measurements from the battery.