IFOY AWARD 2018 finalists announced
The finalists for the International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year (IFOY) Award 2018 have been selected. From all entrants, the jury selected 13 products and solutions from BYD, Jungheinrich, Liebherr, J. D. Neuhaus, Still, Gebr. Schulte, Wegard and Witron to compete for the world's best logistics products and solutions of the year.
In February, the finalists will compete in the second round at the international IFOY Test Days on the premises of IFOY partner CeMAT. The IFOY test measures the hard facts. The scientific IFOY Innovation Check, which is prepared by specialists from the Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics (IML) in Dortmund, the Chair of Technical Logistics at the University of Dresden and the Chair for Machine Elements and Technical Logistics at Helmut Schmidt University in Hamburg, focusses on the innovation value. In addition, the jury members drive all nominated vehicles themselves, putting them through their paces during the IFOY Test Days.
Among other things, the IFOY Award assesses innovative quality, technology, design, ergonomics, handling, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
The winners will be chosen by a jury made up of 26 renowned trade journalists from leading logistics media in 18 countries around the globe. The trophies will be awarded on the opening night of CeMAT in Hanover.
|Test Days 2018: January 31 - February 7, 2018 (Messe Hannover)|
|Celebration ceremony: Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:00 (Hall 19, opening CeMAT/HANNOVER MESSE)|
The IFOY categories in 2018
The entry categories have been also redefined. At a glance:
- Counter Balanced Truck: up to 3.5 tons
- Counter Balanced Truck: from 3.51 tons
- Heavy Load Forklift and Special Vehicle: Forklifts and vehicles for special tasks: container stackers, transportable forklifts, heavy-load forklifts from 8 tons, special vehicle manufacturing
- Warehouse Truck "highlifter": Materials handling equipment from the 2nd shelving level like high-bay trucks, VNA trucks or reach trucks, pedestrian-controlled highlift trucks, orderpicking trucks, etc.
- Warehouse Truck "lowlifter": Materials handling equipment up to the 1st shelving level like pedestrian-controlled lowlift trucks, lift trucks, tow tractors, tugger trains, order-picking trucks, etc.
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV), Shuttle: Shuttle (systems), driverless transport systems, automated/partially automated materials handling equipment in the context of the application options
- Intralogistics Robot: Robots or robot-based solutions for intralogistic applications like picking robots, palletizing and depalletizing robots, cobots, robots for automatic unloading and loading of trucks, etc.
- Intralogistics Software: Apps and intralogistics system or software solutions in the context of the application options like warehouse management systems, truck guidance systems, advanced driver assistance systems, fleet management systems, etc.
- Integrated Warehouse Solution: A warehouse concept that has been successfully realised at the customer's location
- Special of the Year: Components or technical details that significantly improve economics or environment, or the physical or psychological conditions of the user, like ergonomic innovations, safety assistant solutions, automation solutions, drive technology, forklift attachments, etc.
- 2018 only: Crane and Lifting Appliance: Cranes for various applications, like bridge and gantry cranes, wall travelling cranes, jib cranes, overhead monorail cranes, light cranes, etc. Lifting appliances like chain hoists and rope hoists, winches, magnet lifters, vacuum lifters, lifting platforms and mobile elevating work platforms etc.
The winners of the IFOY Award are selected by a jury .
The jury is made up of internationally reputed trade journalists and Europe's leading logistics media. The jury is independent in its decisions, which are based on transparent criteria and specialist expertise.
The members of the jury are appointed for an unlimited period of time; the chairperson of the jury is Anita Würmser