It has already been the case for three years that not just forklift manufacturers but also all intralogistics providers have been able to enter their innovations for the IFOY Award. Now, the IFOY organisation has integrated intralogistics also as part of the name. The "International Forklift Truck of the Year" is being rechristened "International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year" Award – the abbreviation "IFOY" remains unchanged.
Entry phase starts on September 1!
The entry phase of the IFOY Award 2018 is comming up: From September 1, 2017 intralogistics companies will be able to enter their vehicles and solutions up to October 30, 2017. The "International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year" Award, IFOY for short, is presented in eleven categories to the year's best new materials handling equipment and intralogistics products and solutions. The winners of the IFOY Award will be selected and the award presented by an independent jury at a gala dinner during the CeMAT and HMI 2018 in Hannover. During the 5 months prior to this, the crème de la crème in the field of materials handling equipment will undergo an unique testing and selection process as well as a Innovation Check made by scientist.
Start of entries: Friday, September 1, 2017
Test Days 2018: February 2 - 8, 2018 (Messe Hannover)
Celebration ceremony: Monday, April 23, 2018, 18:00 (Hall 19, opening CeMAT/HANNOVER MESSE)
The IFOY categories in 2018
The entry categories have been also redefined. At a glance:
- Counter Balanced Truck: up to 3.5 tons
- Counter Balanced Truck: from 3.51 tons
- Heavy Load Forklift and Special Vehicle: Forklifts and vehicles for special tasks: container stackers, transportable forklifts, heavy-load forklifts from 8 tons, special vehicle manufacturing
- Warehouse Truck "highlifter": Materials handling equipment from the 2nd shelving level like high-bay trucks, VNA trucks or reach trucks, pedestrian-controlled highlift trucks, orderpicking trucks, etc.
- Warehouse Truck "lowlifter": Materials handling equipment up to the 1st shelving level like pedestrian-controlled lowlift trucks, lift trucks, tow tractors, tugger trains, order-picking trucks, etc.
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV), Shuttle: Shuttle (systems), driverless transport systems, automated/partially automated materials handling equipment in the context of the application options
- Intralogistics Robot: Robots or robot-based solutions for intralogistic applications like picking robots, palletizing and depalletizing robots, cobots, robots for automatic unloading and loading of trucks, etc.
- Intralogistics Software: Apps and intralogistics system or software solutions in the context of the application options like warehouse management systems, truck guidance systems, advanced driver assistance systems, fleet management systems, etc.
- Integrated Warehouse Solution: A warehouse concept that has been successfully realised at the customer's location
- Special of the Year: Components or technical details that significantly improve economics or environment, or the physical or psychological conditions of the user, like ergonomic innovations, safety assistant solutions, automation solutions, drive technology, forklift attachments, etc.
- 2018 only: Crane and Lifting Appliance: Cranes for various applications, like bridge and gantry cranes, wall travelling cranes, jib cranes, overhead monorail cranes, light cranes, etc. Lifting appliances like chain hoists and rope hoists, winches, magnet lifters, vacuum lifters, lifting platforms and mobile elevating work platforms etc.
The International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year (IFOY AWARD) recognises the year's best intralogistics products and solutions. The aim of the organisation is to document the performance capability and innovative drive of the intralogistics, helping to boost competitiveness and raise the profile of the entire sector in the public arena. The winners of the IFOY Award are selected once a year by an independent jury of international trade journalists. The sponsor of the IFOY Award is the VDMA Materials Handling and Intralogistics Sector Association. The IFOY partners are Deutsche Messe with the leading international CeMAT trade fair for intralogistics in Hannover, and the Messe München trade fair company in Munich with the "transport logistic", bauma and IFAT fairs. The IFOY pallet partner is CHEP, the global market leader in pallet pooling. The IFOY technology partner is the battery charging specialist Fronius. The patron of the IFOY Award is the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.